Having a stair lift installed in your home or business is a great way to safely retain your independence. There are many different styles and brands of stair lifts on the market today, which can make choosing the best one for your situation an overwhelming choice. The purposeof this guide is to help you make an educated decision when choosing a stair lift. Let’s start by debunking some of the myths that are associated with stair lift installation.
- Stair lifts are attached to the home through the stair treads so there is no damage or attachments to the wall.
- All of the quality stair lifts on the market are battery powered and only need a standard household outlet to run a charger that maintains the batteries. No special outlet is required.
- My stairs are too narrow to install a stair lift. Stair lifts can be installed on stairs as narrow as 27” wide.
- Staircase configuration
- The weight of the user
- Intended length of use
- The physical and mental abilities of the user
- Safety features of the stair lift
- Quality, reliability and warranty of the stair lift